Thursday, July 19, 2007

HERPES


There are three types of herpes:
1. HSV-1: (Simplex) Is commonly seen as the "cold sore herpes". What is NOT known is that exposure to HSV-1 can lead to an outbreak of "genital herpes" but that this is not sexually transmitted and can exist for years in the body without an outbreak. So children can have an outbreak of "genital herpes" without any signs on the face - by kissing, or being in skin contact with someone (including a child) with a 'cold sore'. If someone has had a genital outbreak of HSV-1 it confers an immunity for HSV-2 if only limited.
We often see a genital outbreak of HSV-1 if someone changes partners or their immune system is low.

2. HSV-2: Commonly known as "genital herpes". Is only transmitted sexually and is only seen in adults. This is seen as the "bad herpes".
After the first outbreak, any future outbreaks are usually mild and last only about a week. An infected person may know that an outbreak is about to happen by a tingling feeling or itching in the genital area, or pain in the buttocks or down the leg.
Even with the first outbreak there will be a tingling or itchy feeling in the genital area. When a person becomes infected with HSV-2 for the first time, the obvious symptoms will appear within 2 to 10 days of infection. The sores will appear within days. These first episodes of symptoms usually last 2 to 3 weeks, and are severe:
  • Itching or burning feeling in the genital or anal area
  • Pain in the legs, buttocks, or genital area
  • Discharge of fluid from the vagina
  • Feeling of pressure in the abdomen
  • Feeling feverish, unwell and exhausted
  • Lymph glands in the groin enlarge and become sore.
  • Difficulty in the ability to urinate
They can occur inside the vagina and on the cervix in women, or in the urinary passage of women and men. Small red bumps appear first, develop into blisters, and then become painful, open, weeping sores. Over three days after the weeping, the sores become crusty and then heal without leaving a scar.

Other symptoms that may go with the first episode of HSV-2 are fever, headache, muscle aches, painful or difficult urination, vaginal discharge, and swollen glands in the groin area.

The first attack is the worst - thereafter the attacks are mild. Within 1 year the person will be symptom free and if there are no shedding lesions it is unlikely that they can transmit the virus although it may still be dormant in the spinal column. Within 5 years when there has been no mild genital attack for six months the virus is deemed to have "burnt out".


The inescapable fact is that HSV-1 is usually spread through contact with infected lips, while HSV-2 usually spread through contact with infected genitals. From a social point of view, the problem is not the disease; it's how you got it. With EVERY variety of Herpes, including Shingles, it is important to take care of the eyes. Go to the MD when ever herpes is suspected.

3. Herpes Zoster is Shingles. It is caused by the same virus as chickenpox,

Varicella-Zoster Virus.

Early signs of shingles include burning or shooting pain and tingling or itching generally located on one side of the body or face. The rash or blisters are present anywhere from one to 14 days . It is commonly seen in people over the age of 50yrs. It is very contagious to people who have not had chickenpox and can be dangerous. Again, this is a virus that attacks the nerve endings and lies dormant in the spinal column. This is the most unpleasant variety of shingles. It is extremely resistant to antibiotics so often the only medication that helps is prednisone/steroid

Medications/anti-virals: for all types of herpes:

  • Acyclovir (Zovirax) has been used for over 10 years and is now available in generic form.
  • Valacyclovir (Valtrex) uses acyclovir as its active ingredient, is better absorbed by the body and can be taken less often.
  • Famciclovir (Famvir) is similar to acyclovir and is also better absorbed and can be taken less often

Episodic therapy means taking the medication only during an outbreak to speed healing. Your doctor will prescribe treatment to take at the first sign of prodrome and continue treatment for five days. For first episodes, the healing time can be dramatically reduced. For recurrences, the outbreak can be shortened by about two days. If you choose episodic therapy, fill your prescription and have it ready before an outbreak so you can begin taking the medication immediately.

Suppressive therapy means taking an antiviral medication daily as a preventative--to keep HSV in check, reduce flare ups and lessen symptoms. Suppressive therapy can lower the number of outbreaks and, for some, prevent them altogether. This therapy also reduces asymptomatic shedding, and research studies are determining whether on-going antiviral medication can help prevent transmission.

6 comments:

johnson judith said...

• This is real take it serious, i am JOHNSON JUDITH i am from Ireland. Who will believe that a herbal medicine can cure HIV/AIDS, I never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot money getting drugs from the hospital to keep me and my son healthy, it got to a point that i was waiting for death to come because i was broke, one day i heard about this great man called Dr ODUWA who is well known for Herpes, HIV, and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 4-8 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the two weeks, he told me to go to the hospital for a checkup, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me HIV/AIDS negative, and my son and i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, thank you for saving our life's, I promise I will always testify of your good works. If you are HIV/AIDS patient, contact him and I am sure you will get cured, contact him via: dr.oduwaspellhome@gmail.com or whatsapp him at +2348070685053.
THESE ARE THE THINGS Dr ODUWA CURE
. COLD SORE
. HIV/AIDS
. CANCER
. HPV
. LASSA FEVER
. GONORRHEA

selles said...

It’s a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter herpes virus for good four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) day with my calculations, before I meet the great Dr. ODUWA. I am LEOKADIA STELLA Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I meet Dr. ODUWA online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr. ODUWA via his E-mail (DR.ODUWASPELLHOME@GMAIL .COM) and he did not responds to me in time and I went back to the same testimony for his mobile number and I called him immediately (+2348070685053) and he respond to my call. He welcome me as a daughter and I explain my four years situation to him and he said is done just as I have contacted him and I believed in him. Dr. ODUWA sends me some herbal medication for herpes cure and he gave me instruction on what to do and I obeyed his instruction. Changes started after three days of applying the herbal medication. I went to the same CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for test and i was herpes negative. I do not know how to thanks Dr. ODUWA for saving my life. To God be the Glory, I am living healthy with my family today.

Indeed, Dr. ODUWA is a great man

and the only thing he requested from me is to share my Testimony for the world to see for a safe living from herpes viral disease and just as I did.

God bless Dr. ODUWA for his good work....

Silva Tim said...

Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how i got my Genital Herpes simplex been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr ubarlo but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr ubarlo, then i contacted him through his email when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for check up after one weeks of taking the medication. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for check up a , to my greatest surprise my result was negative after the treatment, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer reach him through Email drubarlohome@gmail.com OR add on whatsapp +2348119508814

Tracie Lesperance said...

I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ubarlo who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Ubarlo, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ubarlo cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ubarlo healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
(1) CANCER,
(2) DIABETES,
(3) HIV&AIDS,
(4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
(5) CANCER,
(6) IMPOTENCE,
(7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
(8) DIARRHEA
(9) ASTHMA
(10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
(11)COLD SORE
(12) ENLARGEMENT CREAM
and mare that are not mentioned here
. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer. so contact him thruogh his Email address drubarlohome@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348119508814

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, My health was horrible having Herpes before I decided to try the remedy Of Dr Aduwawa pure herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I try the remedy, thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by a Instagram friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of Herpes virus. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, within 2 week i was fully cured from Herpes. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great doctor contact with you all email Dr Aduwawa aduwawasolutionhomes@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349123794867 you won't regret it I promise.

Stanley J. Bunas said...

Just in 2 weeks with his effective herbal Medicine, I was cured from herpes.

There is no word suitable enough to qualify your significant in my life dear doctor.

Contact him___________________________ Robinsonbuckler[@yahoo].com....Robinsonbuckler11@gmil.com,

He can also help you with your own problem today..there is no harm in trying...

[[ He has solution to all health issues… He can solve any kind of problem below. ]]

[[ Do you have problem in your marriage/relationship life?]]

[[ Do you have Cancer? ]]

[[ Do you want to get pregnant? ]]

[[ Do you have shingles/herpes 1&2? ]]

[[ Do you have erectile issue? ]]

[[ Do you have Prostate cancer? ]]

[[ Do you your business to grow excessively? ]]

[[ Do you have diabetes? ]]

[[ Do you have Fibroid? ]]